1857
Establishment of the Company
1860

«ASMOLOV» tobacco appeared in Moscow. Direct purchases and supplies of leaf tobacco from Odessa are arranged, as well as from Turkey and Bessarabia.

1870

«ASMOLOV» tobacco receives acknowledgements at the most prestigious exhibitions, including Gold medals at the Paris and Philadelphia exhibitions, and the Silver medal at Vienna Exhibition.

Vasily ASMOLOV is awarded the title of supplier to the Court of His Imperial Majesty and the right to mark his products accordingly.

1912

The enterprise becomes the world largest private tobacco factory with respect to output. The number of workers rises to two thousand people.

1914

ASMOLOVs’ «empire» expands by two other Rostov tobacco factories: Y. C. Kushnarev Society and Brothers Aslanidi Factory.

1916

The factory’s reaches the all-time high output of 5 billion papirosas and over 2 thousand tons of pipe tobacco.

1920

ASMOLOV factory is renamed Don State Cigarette Factory (DGTF).

1926

The output of tobacco products exceeds the output in 1922 by 4 times and reaches 22.5 million papirosas daily.

1930

The first imported automatic machinery is installed in the factory.

1936

DGTF is re-named after Rosa Luxemburg. 13 cigarette brands are produced in the factory including Chapaev (Чапаев), Kreml (Кремль), Krayeviye (Краевые).

The products of the factory are the highest quality tobacco products in the country.

1942

Tobacco and papirosas are produced to be supplied to the battle-front. After the destruction of the electric power substation during a bomb raid, the factory is moved to Omsk.

The Yermak (Ермак) cigarette brand is launched, and the production of Nasha Marka (Наша Марка) cigarette brand is maintained.

1943

Rebuilding of the factory in Rostov. The first papirosa brand produced in the rebuilt factory is named Pobeda (Победа) (Victory).

1950

The factory undergoes a Technical re-equipment with the installation of 133 new manufacturing equipment units, value of 1.1 million Rubles.

1964

Laika (Лайка) and Novost (Новость) cigarette brands are launched in honor of the first space projects.

1970

DGTF product output is increased to 20 billion sticks yearly. The first filtered cigarette brands are launched.

Rostov (Ростов) and Kosmos (Космос) cigarette brands are launched.

1992

The Don State Cigarette Factory is reorganized to ОАО Donskoy Tabak.

1993

Ivan Savvidi is elected General Director of ОАО Donskoy Tabak. Нis slogan is «To live and work under the Russian flag».

1994

The major development objective becomes the Technical re-equipment of ОАО Donskoy Tabak.

The factory finances its own social projects.

1999

Product output of ОАО Donskoy Tabak exceeds 30 billion of papirosas and cigarettes, and holds 12% share of the Russian market.

Over 70% of market demand in Southern Russia, including the Northern Caucasus are covered by factory products.

2005

ОАО Donskoy Tabak completes an investment project and moves the production from the city core to the left river bank industrial zone of Rostov-on-Don.

Factory’s technical equipment is one of the most modern among tobacco factories in Eastern Europe.

2010

Acquisition of the company Nevo Tabak (Нево табак), Sankt Petersburg. The Company’s products are manufactured in Pereslavl-Zalessky factory (Yaroslavl region).

2013

Acquisition of the Greek company Sekap.

2014

The Company becomes No.4 of the Russian tobacco product market.